Saturday, February 5, 2011

Vanilla Syrup

I found a recipe online the other day for some vanilla syrup. It can be used for flavoring your coffee or steamed milk, you can pour it on your pancakes or waffles, or sweeten your yogurt with it. I have to say it's quite delicious.


To make it you'll need the three following ingredients:
1/2 c water
1 c sugar
3 T vanilla
Don't worry about making a big batch since it's so simple to make fresh when you get low.







Combine the three in a small sauce pan and boil for about 5 minutes. Let cool and pour into a glass bottle, or if your glass bottles are filled with soap like mine are, you can use a small jelly jar. Like I did.

You can see I just used what I had on hand. I made on small amount with brown sugar and a little bit more than that with white sugar. The brown sugar has a stronger taste and I like it, the white sugar has a lighter taste which I like less, but I think the color is prettier. I might mix the two and see if I like about half brown and about half white sugar.



I had mine in hot milk with some Phase 10. Mmm, yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment