Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

This snow really brings out the food lover in me! If there was one (or two) food items you'd never want to be snowed-in without, what would it (or they) be?

I asked myself that question while I was at the grocery store the day before the big white-out. I walked out of the store with bottled water, cheese, and peanuts. I already had broccoli in my freezer. Be right back, I have to grab a cheesy peanut butter sandwich.
Just kidding.
I've be snacking on the granola today, and I had a hankering for some Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup. Yes, it's true. I still have the munchies though and I've just remembered the broccoli, so I think I'll have that. Hmmmm, yes I will. Yum. I like to over cook it in coconut oil. It comes out a little crunchy and keeps some of that coconutty flavor. Oh so good!
Anyway, I came here tonight to tell you about peanut butter. I read on a blog a while ago that you could pop some peanuts into a food processor and hit go for a minute or two and voila! Peanut butter! I've done it twice now and it is so so good! It tastes just like the peanut butter my mom used to buy in bulk from the food co-op in Iowa City. It was my favorite until we moved to MO. Anyway, that's all there is to it. You put the peanuts in the food processor and you turn it on. You might have to scrape it down a couple of times but I have an extra big bowl on mine so the blades don't quite reach.


Now, I suppose there are those of you who will want some sort of sweetener in your peanut butter. Just use honey, okay? Do it. Honey is the best stuff in the world. Eat your honey! If you wont, then I don't know what to tell you. Try agave. I love that too.

I use the 16 oz great value brand of salted party peanuts. I haven't tried the dry roasted yet and I don't know if I will. I'd like some peanuts that don't have salt, but also aren't dry roasted. I am sure I'll wind up using organic but for the first couple times I just wanted to try it out as cheaply as possible. Whoa man, it's good.

No comments:

Post a Comment