Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Harvest Skillet

Oh man. Dinner tonight was stinkin' awesome.

I thought we were going out for HOT WINGS but I guess that was supposed to be last night and I blew it because I thought it was tonight! Both nights were early anyway since our anniversary isn't until Friday (yes, we're eating hot wings for our anniversary, I can't help it, it's the only thing I want).

So, Captain America calls on his way home talking about how starving he is and I'm like "uhhh, no hot wings?" and he's like "you blew me off last night I thought you didn't want to go out to eat with me". Dang it!

So, I pulled out some chicken and a sweet potato that I baked earlier today while something else was in the oven. I sat the two items next to one another on the counter and said "hmmmm". Then I poured some slurpalicious coconut oil in my pan, tossed in the chicken, chopped it up right in the pan, tossed in the potato, chopped it up right in the pan, and voila!It needed something.

Salt.

Still needed something.

Something SPICY! Powdered red pepper, the cayenne kind.

Bingo!

Delish.

For good measure I threw in about 1/4 of an apple, diced small. At the very end we agreed that corn sounded really good and I had some of that already heating. Perfect addition. It was great!

Sweet and spicy.

Happy Ending.

1 comment: