Thursday, August 25, 2011

Happy Birthday Jimmie!

The first memory that I know I know of my little brother is from when he was around 9 or 10 months, I think. I know there are others, I remember knowing he was around but this memory plays like a movie in my mind, my sister and I must have been right at 2 1/2 and 3 1/2 and we were feeding him baby food. We must have had some practice on our dolls but I remember how much fun it was to feed a real baby real food! He was sitting in his highchair and we'd take turns getting something fruity into his baby mouth. I am sure we only had a chance to give him a bite or two in the short time Mom had her back turned because I also remember that we took a bite or two, too! I kept thinking he'd start to cry or yell at us but he didn't seem to mind, he must have thought it was ours and we were sharing with him! Silly baby!
Now that blond haired, blue eyed, cute little boy is 28 years old. Though he's still got that blond hair and those blue eyes, and still as cute as can be, he's not such a little guy! He's got his own little set of three to make his family of five, just like we were. He and his beautiful wife have two precious princesses and their own little prince charming.
My brother, with whom I spent hours playing cars, Lego's, and Lincoln Logs, as well as a few good high speed (foot) chase occasions over a stolen book or maybe a game lost on Nintendo, is the best brother anyone could have. I love to watch him be a husband to his wife and dad his children and to love his family more than himself. I am so proud of him and I love to be his sister.

Happy Birthday Jimmie, and in case you ever read this, thanks for not beating me up once you realized you were big enough, love ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment