Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas!

I love Christmas. I love it every year. I love to buy gifts and I love to wrap them. I especially love to give them. I always endeavor to find just the right gift for the person that I shop for. It's not about marking a name off a list for me. For me, it's about knowing my loved ones so well that I can spot their gift months in advance. The problem is keeping my mouth shut about it. That's always the problem. When I was a little girl about 5 years old, I think, my dad woke me up in the middle of the night to take me potty (not that I had any bed-wetting problems). I sat on the potty with my eyes half closed and said with my sleepy excitement "Daddy, we got you some shirts for Father's Day today." I think he said something along the lines of "You're not supposed to tell me, Amy Lynn." I'm pretty sure he was holding back a chuckle as he said it though, if I know my dad.
With my Mom, it's different. I always want to get her, not just something she would like but, that one thing she's been wishing for, for months. So she's usually involved in picking out her gift. Now and then it's a big surprise, but mostly we've discussed it. This year is one of those surprise years, I'd tell you what I got her, but she doesn't get to open it for a couple of more weeks. So I'll have to torture myself a bit longer and not even tell you! Believe me, it's very hard. She's been in England since just before Thanksgiving but comes home in January! I can't wait to see the thousands of pictures she must have taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment