Saturday, September 18, 2010

I am a Christian

Being a Christian is so ingrained in my life that I consider it more of a "given" than something to point out. I believe that someone should be able to understand that I am a Christian by having a conversation with me or by observing my lifestyle and choices. Because of this I often (boldly) assume that everyone around me believes like I do. I guess it's part of giving people the benefit of a doubt, or seeing the best in them, I don't know. It is my great desire to wear my Christianity on the outside of myself so that there is never a doubt about what I believe or what I stand for. If, for example, you want to know my political persuasions, I will tell you that I lean in a certain direction based on my own values and morals. If you want to talk about abortion I will tell you that it rips my heart out to think people have them willingly. If you tell me you want to have an affair then I will urge you to fall in love with your husband. If you tell me your husband is abusive I will encourage you to find help, not to stay in a dangerous situation. If you're considering divorce, I urge you to reconsider. People who grow apart can grow back together, if they want to. Many times divorce is the lazy way out. These are many opinions that I generally keep to myself. It is not my desire to offend or to push someone away by my strong beliefs. I usually will not offer my opinions or beliefs unless I'm asked to, unless I feel I must. If I feel that I must share something, and then I resist, I believe that is a sin. I believe that the best Christian witness is the life of a Christian who lives what he or she believes. Words are just words until you make them your life.
It is my honor to call myself a follower of Christ. It is my honor to live my life so that it is worthy of the calling I have received. I am a Christian and I am proud to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment