Thursday, June 3, 2010

Lake of the Ozarks

After taking my step-son home last Tuesday I found myself driving to one of my favorite destinations, at a very high rate of speed! My sister-in-law and my brother had each, separately, urged my mother and I to accompany their adorable family on a boat ride with them! So, off we were, to The Lake of the Ozarks! Here's what it looked like from my angle:


While sailing along (not really, we had a motor) I captured a quick shot of the Assemblies of God camp grounds, where I attended 5 exciting days of youth camp with all my friends each year of my teen years, and then a extra year as a Jr counselor because I just couldn't leave. Come to think of it, I guess I'm old enough to be a regular counselor...camp never has to end!

and "The Blob" where the heights were higher and the water was deeper! The idea is that one person hops off the platform and onto the blob, then slides, crawls, slips, claws all the way out to the other end where and when, if they make it that far, another person (or three) hops off the platform and catapults the first person right off the end, up into the air, and down into the deep, blue, sea. Or lake, but when you're in it, there doesn't seem to be a difference.

Doesn't seem that intimidating you say? Well, my friend, it's bigger up close, you gotta give it a try.

Check out this new development called Atlantis Island. It looks pretty impressive to me!

From what I understand, there's a ferry that can take you from the mainland (where you would park your car) to the island, if you didn't bring your boat, that is.

This is a local hot spot called Lazy Gators, which is actually a part of Shady Gators. It looks like a nice way to enjoy the sunshine or the shade.


Here's a relaxing view to leave you with

Wish you were there!

Oh yeah, neither the Lake of the Ozarks, Assembly of God church camp, Atlantis Island, nor Shady/Lazy Gators asked me (or paid me) to tell you about this. I just thought you should know.

No comments:

Post a Comment