Tuesday, July 31, 2012

I Miss You, My Friends.

Captain America went to Afghanistan in December 2011, he returned in April of this year to find his household in the process of growing! I've mentioned a little of this, that we were getting our foster care license, but I didn't tell you (did I?) that it was due to these sweet little babies I have been baby sitting. We signed our contracts a couple of weeks ago and hope to have placement...soon!

In other news, my darling husband went traveling some more for two weeks in July, this time to Alaska. The military has many ways of fulfilling the dreams of those who are honored to serve. The trip was amazing and I'd like to share a photo or two, with you!

Here he is in the Denali National Park - on this day he was supposed to go jet boating and panning for gold, there was a problem with their driver and they didn't make it in time so instead they hiked around the park for a bit and took some wonderful pictures.

This is a picture of the view from the fitness trail on base.
Must be the life!

Sadly, I can post no pictures of our sweet little friends but just imagine the cutest babies in the world, and then double the cuteness and they're just a little cuter than that!

Now, about food. I'm feeding these people I live with (Captain America and his miniature) all day long, so I'm getting fat fat fat! I've been sick in bed for 4 days and still haven't lost a pound. Enough is enough. We've started on a vegetarian lifestyle due to my athletic husband and his never ending quest to be better than perfect (more about that later), and so we did 2 months of vegetarianism before the captain went to Alaska. We really liked it. So now we want to try it for a year. Eeek!
I'd like to leave you with this; try the Morning Star Farms Spicy Black Bean Burger. Yum Yum Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment